Since 1872 …Deep in Maine’s fabled “North Woods”, a truly authentic wilderness camp on sparkling , spring-fed, “Nahmakanta”, often called Maine’s most beautiful lake!
– Private, recently-restored lakefront guest cabins
– Superb home-cooked meals served in our historic 19th century lodge
– Hiking, kayaking, swimming, moose watching, evening campfires
– Finest native Brook Trout fishing in Maine
– A wonderful choice for family wilderness vacations !
..or just relaxing, all in a spectacular wilderness setting!
Our Family had an amazing time at Nahmakanta. In this day and age, it’s very difficult to get away from work, school, email, television. But our family was able to leave all those things behind and enjoy the natural beauty of this area. Most important, we spent time together as a family that we will never forget…”
– Roy Phifer Boston, MA
Except for our lodge and cabins, the Nahmakanta shoreline is entirely wild, with enormous granite boulders and incredible natural sand beaches. Surrounding us is a vast wilderness preserve of mountains, forests and crystal clear lakes that is absolutely unique in the Eastern U.S.
“True Maine Wilderness“